- We have gained representation at both National and International Standard level and have actively participated in the revision of graphical symbol and sign standards throughout the world.
The HSSA have:
- Initiated a safety sign comprehension test program to ISO 9186 to research how well safety signs are really understood in the UK in order to better understand how to improve our safety sign ranges.
- Drafted a British Standard on the Durability of Safety Signs which is currently being considered by the British Standards Institution.
- Formulated alliances with other trade associations and industry bodies such as the Photoluminescent Safety Products Association and The Royal Society for the Prevention of Accidents(RoSPA).
- Expanded our membership through an active marketing program.
- Maintained high ethical standards by mutual consent and monitoring.